Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
I’ve been working as a Software Engineer for more than 12 years leading teams to overcome huge hurdles with tight timelines and demanding challenges. Some of the most important companies and projects I’ve worked for include: ni.com, OrTracker App, mergeworld.com, wunderground.com, 18techs, criticalmass.com, www.cafebritt.cr, hangarworldwide.com, www.pcfinancial.ca, Clorox - Britta+, Jerry Garcia and among others.RESUME
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and applications rapidly.
- Redux, Observables, Promises, ngrx, graphql, Storybook.
- HTML5, CSS | (Less | Sass | css modules | style components).
- Nodejs, Ruby (junior) | Jekyll, Middleman, PHP | WordPress.
- Microsoft Visual Basic, C#, C++, PASCAL.
- Databases: Mongo, SQL, MySQL and Microsoft Access, Postgres.
- Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Nodejs.
- Environments: Mac, Ubuntu, Windows.
— Full Stack Developer
Set 2021 - current
- Working with an amazing group of people.
- Working for 18techs clients.
- Responsible for creating demos and full products for clients.
- Create Figma prototypes.
- React, Next.js, Nodejs, etc..
- I enjoy sports (soccer, surfing, and skate surfing).
- PC and macOS environments.
— Technology Lead
Jan 2020 - 2021
- Career developer
- Work on ni.com projects
- Create unit tests for ni.com projects
- Create a small design system for hangarworldwide.com
- Create programs for people level skills
- Talk directly with clients
- Responsible for creating demos for clients
- Follow Agile methodologies (Azure)
- Create Figma prototypes
- Help with ni.com design system
— Full Stack Developer
Apr 2016 - 2019
- Work on OrTracker React native app, Web App, and Node API.
- Work for mergeworld.com.
- Create multiple static and dynamic WordPress sites.
- Create style guides for multiple sites.
- Create SPA using react and angular.
- Migrate www.wunderground.com to angular
- Work with multiple APIs
- Server side rendering with Expressjs
- Unit test with jasmine
- Use of Agile methodology (Jira)
- D3 and D3 server side rendering
— Front End Lead
Aug 2015 - Mar 2016
- Generated a methodology for Code Reviews at least once a month within the Front–end department.
- Fostered an environment to lunch and learn at least once a month
- Acted as a leader in terms of technology. Manage deliverables, raise flags (risks), and ensure that the projects cames on time and in compliance with the estimate.
- Scheduled and conducted one on one at least every 15 days with all my team members.
- Created tasks for people who were available.
— Senior Developer
Jan 2009 - Aug 2015
- Collaborated with the Technology Directors, Project Managers, Creative Leads, and Account leads to design, develop and deliver digital marketing projects on mobile, web, and desktop platforms.
- Functioned as a leader and coordinator of the Application Developers, Web Developers, and Database Developers.
- Ensured successful involvement of Project Management, Quality Assurance, and Release Engineering team members.
- Assisted on the architecture and development of multiple projects.
— Programmer (visual 6.0 and C#)
Oct 2008 - Jan 2009
- Implementation and support to ERP modules with VB 2005, VB 6.0 (Financial System).
- Creating SQL store procedures.
- SQL Server 2000 | 2005.
- Client SDKs installation.
- Clients support.
— IT Guy
Mar 2008 - Oct 2008
- Designed Web
- based (Java/JSP) Internet applications linked to Oracle databases.
- Analyzed business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Technical Support.
- IT tasks like windows updates, windows problems, new installations, users' specific requests, etc...
— Bachelor’s in Computer Science
2005 - 2008
— Electrical and Electronics Engineering
2011 - 2012